Campaign Momentum Building:
- 275 supporters attend kickoff
- Places 2nd of 11 in Straw Poll
- First candidate to turn in petitions
ALEXANDRIA, VA – Lavern Chatman, candidate for Virginia’s 8th congressional district, has raised over $200,000 in just three weeks of fundraising.
Chatman said to campaign supporters — “We’ve had a great couple of weeks and have a tremendous amount of momentum. With so many candidates running, we knew we needed a fast start and we have achieved that.”
She noted that for the March 31st report they expect to raise even more campaign contributions and are on track to exceed the campaign’s early goals.
1) Despite having never held public office, Chatman placed 2nd out of 11 candidates at Don Beyer’s straw poll last week (behind Don Beyer who hosted the poll).
2) At the Chatman for Congress kick-off event, 275 people turned out in spite of an impending winter storm.
3) Chatman was the first in line to file petitions on March 10th, in only two weeks through a strong grass roots petition program.
The ability to accomplish this in three short weeks demonstrates the enormous potential of her field program and ability to engage volunteers and voters across the 8th District.